- Are you prepared to deal with threatening behavior?
- Do you think about how your actions or good intentions might agitate or escalate a situation unnecessarily?
- Do you work with a multidisciplinary team to collect information and manage incidents proactively?
Threat assessment and management is ongoing and proactive, not reactive and incident-based. Organizations should always work toward an awareness of warning signs and warning behaviors that individuals exhibit, and should be ready to mitigate escalations and offer appropriate support.
Need for Expertise and Training
Sometimes the appropriate support or intervention is not what meets the eye. It is important to be trained or to work with behavioral experts to avoid unintentional escalations.
As a Certified Threat Manager (CTM) from the Association of Threat Assessment Professionals (ATAP), along with more than ten years of experience leading a multidisciplinary team for Johns Hopkins University and Johns Hopkins Health System, Build a Better Culture brings deep expertise to workplace behavioral threat assessment and management. We use a team of experts rooted in research-based practices and assessment to consider the circumstances, content, and context of each incident.
We can help you in a number of ways, including:
- Set up a program from scratch or build upon your current resources
- Threat Management Team case consultation (either case-by-case or ongoing)
- Behavioral Threat Assessment Evaluations
- Safe terminations of someone who is considered emotionally unstable
- Intimate partner violence overflowing into the workplace and creating risk
- Awareness training for leaders, managers, and employees
- Special systemic consulting for executive teams and human resource professionals