The Work-Life Pledge™ is a pathway toward your desired work-life mix. The practices you choose create small steps toward new habits. Start by:
- Reviewing the pledge menu and think about your priorities and how to be more effective in your work and your life.
- Personalizing your pledge by selecting 1, 2 or more strategies to practice for 60 days with support from Build a Better Culture.
“Customization is key. Participants own their journey and the success of their work-life effectiveness,” Carlstrom says. – The Hub, Johns Hopkins University
Work-Life mix support is always available on Facebook at Work-Life Pledge and in the Work-Life Pledge Community group.
Taking the Pledge accelerates your efforts to the next level – your pledge becomes your action plan to create a healthy work-life mix.
- The 2018 Pledge includes a boost of e-support during the 2-month Pledge period. Much of the action takes place in a private Facebook group for Pledge takers. This group features short videos to kick off each week with focus and intention, a weekly challenge, resources, encouragement, inspiration, and humor. Most importantly, this group provides a place for conversation and support. Pledge takers can digest the information and engage with the group whenever it’s most convenient.
- For those not on Facebook, weekly emails are available with many of the resources, however, all discussions take place in the private group.
- After signing up, Pledge takers are asked to take a quick Mix Assessment before the Pledge officially begins – and then again at the end of the Pledge.
- Pledge takers have several chances to win a 3-session 1:1 coaching package focused on a pledge strategy of the winners’ choice.
- Pledge takers also have the option to purchase a 3-session 1:1 coaching package at a discounted price good for 6 months.
“We’re providing support and space for them to create an intention that leads to lasting change so that their life and their work meet their needs and desires.” – The Hub, Johns Hopkins University
“The weekly emails are a nice breath of fresh air in the email inbox!”– Eric
A Word of Advice
From experience, go slowly! At first glance, it seems like this should be easy, but making changes, even if they are desired changes, can be hard.
We know that many people become inspired by our menu of options and initially select too many strategies with the best of intentions, but then can’t keep up. While we love aspirational goals, the pledge should be positive, fun, and foster progress!
We suggest selecting a mix of strategies, some that you think will be easier than others, and only one challenging strategy. You might even choose a strategy that you would like to maintain. When the pace of life kicks into overdrive, even these simple strategies can become challenging.
Work-Life and Wellbeing Coaching
Pursuing a healthy work-life mix is really about aligning every aspect of your life with your values and with what’s meaningful to you. Sometimes personalizing your work-life approach can be more complex than making daily, intentional choices. Is something in the way?
If you want to take a deeper dive on your own, our work-life and wellbeing coaches are passionate about this work and bring expertise from work-life research and unique experience with the Work-Life Pledge. We can help you identify what’s most important and address areas that might be out of sync with what matters most to you.